No idea what to bring?
Don't really know how to cook?
Well, volunteer to bring desserts!
Coz I am going to share 2 easy wincy recipes with you right now !
(No, we are not going to make jelly, it is easy but oh-so-boring)
Oreo will be our main ingredient, with a few other simple ingredients...
We can make...
Ready to impress people with your creativity?
(Learning it from the internet, it is still creativity right?)
Okayy, let's go...
First let's make the Owl Cupcakes.
No worries if you don't have an oven and have no idea where is the nearest bakery supply around you. You only need these ingredients that can be easily found at any grocery store :
You can bake your own cupcakes and make your own chocolate icing if you like.
1. Cut off the excess muffin top and make it flat as we are going to decorate it.
2. Spread Nutella/ Chocolate icing all over the top so that our Oreo / M&M can stick on it.
3. Split the Oreo cookies and put 2 cookies with white fillings as eyes,
4. Add brown M&M's as eyeballs, put 1 M&M (any color) as nose
4. Take a piece of Oreo cookie without its filling, chop it into half as eye brows...
Confused by my words? A picture speaks a thousand words :
Just decorate accordingly. It is really fun and easy ! You just can't go wrong!
Continue until you are tired or until you run out of cupcakes.
Done !! Now let's move on to the next dessert...
Let's make Oreo Party Poppers!
It can be of different variations, depending on how you decorate it.
This time, I am making coconut snowball version. Ingredients as follows:
You can use chocolate chips or baking chocolates.
1. Separate Oreo cookies and its fillings.
2. Crush the cookies with a blender or chopper or throw them on the floor and step on them.
3. Add in its white fillings and cream cheese then blend again (this time I don't think you can use your foot)
p/s: One whole stick of Oreo needs around 130 gram cream cheese. So adjust accordingly, depending on how much you are planning to make.
4. After blending, they should look evenly black, oily and a little disgusting, but its okay, you are on the right track. Take a small bit and roll it into a small ball (enough to fit your mini paper cup).
Repeat until finish.
p/s: If they look a bit like above, you are getting it !
If you can't make them very round/ smooth/ same size, no worries. Practice makes perfect.
If you can make them very round and really perfect, stop criticizing the ones i have made! We are going to coat them with chocolate anyway, so there's no need to be perfect !
5. Moving on... Melt your chocolate chips / if you are using baking chocolates, chop them to chucks for easier melting.
p/s: Note that you cant melt chocolate directly over fire, you have to double boil them or do it over boiling water
6. Coat each ball with melted chocolate, place them in your paper cup and decorate!
This time, I sprinkled coconut flakes and named them snowballs.
I previously added almond bits and named them almond party poppers.
Add heart deco and they become great Valentine's day idea, no?
So now... chill them in the fridge and get ready to rock the party !
Hit the party with such fancy treats, I bet you will be showered with compliments.
So pretty! So creative (again, you don't have to tell them you learned it from the internet right? *wink*)
Just like if I told you I got the Owl cupcake idea from the cupcake blog, you will feel less impressed by my creativity right?
Anyway, have fun doing them ! They can be done in less than an hour when you are well prepared or have someone helping you. This can even be done with kids!
If you do make them, do leave a link below! I would love to seeee!